Waiting No Longer!

Waiting No Longer!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Transition Taking Place














































Our family continues to transition and adjust to our newest member, Miss Riley Grace Campbell, aka Jiao Jiao. Riley seems to love her new room, toys, home, and now her cats. She is still eating well and interacting with all the new people coming to see her. She loves to entertain once she gets warmed up to you. She has attended her first birthday party (cousin Truleigh), had her first pediatrician visit, and visited her sister at Sonic twice. She is a busy toddler! She is extremely smart, curious, and quick, as we are realizing how non-babyproof our home is! She has already made it halfway up the stairs and climbed out of her crib. Her nickname of "Monkey" suits her very well!

Our main concern and prayer request is her sleeping schedule, or should I say, lack of sleeping schedule. I guess she is still on China time. David continues to remind me that things will get better. I am thankful for his positive attitude, encouragement, and patience with me and Riley. He has been taking on the early a.m. shift while I cover the night shift. Unfortunately, David has to return to work tomorrow, so I will most likely lose that a.m. coverage. Maybe we will settle into our new routine this upcoming week and I will actually know what day it is. I sure will miss being with him 7/24. He has been such a provider, protector, and encourager to me these past couple of weeks. It is rare indeed that our family gets to spend as much time together as we have through this adoption experience in China. With David's second shift schedule and Elizabeth's busy work/social calendar, we are lucky to have a couple of meals together in a week. I have truly treasured my time with my incredible husband and two beautiful daughters these life-changing two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog, and wanted to tell you that Riley Grace is beautiful! We have our own Riley Grace :) Hope all is going well for you all!

    ReplyDelete