Waiting No Longer!

Waiting No Longer!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

gotcha day from David's eyes



Seeing Riley for the first Time.

The morning of gotcha day I was praying that Riley would take to us but mostly that she would go to Deanna. I know how important it is for a mother to join with their child. We were busying our selves before our 3:30 meeting. All the time, thoughts were rushing through my mind. As we arrived at the CIVIL AFFAIRS OFFICE, a little before 3:00 pm, my heart started racing. Little did we know that the babies were not there and were going to be late. During this time of waiting, we would walk around the room and stair out on to the street below hoping to see their arrival. While I was videoing the traffic below, I noticed a silver van pulling up to the building. It stopped in front at the steps. It was hard to see the whole van due to our view. We were on the 4th or 5th floor and the front of the building had a big awning. As I muttered that I thought they we here, everyone came running to the window. A lady stepped out carrying a baby, and then another stepped out walking a child. We still couldn’t tell for sure but I heard Deanna say, that’s them. I hurried to get in position to video her coming in.

As we arrived Sunday to Taiyuan, all the locals were talking about the earth quake that hit here Saturday. It was a 4.6. Monday, they must have felt another one in this town. I believe that my inner soul must have been shaking at least a 10 if not more. This beautiful face appeared with eyes wide open. As wide as an Asian person could get their eyes opened. All I could remember was a statement that Jim Chapman told me when we first thought about adoption. He said, The feeling you feel when you first see/hold your forever child is different than when your natural birth child is born but has the same level of overwhelming joy/love. I can now say that this is true and that only someone that has adopted could understand. For those that haven’t, it’s like someone you love very dear died but a few years later, they were alive running towards you with their arms wide open. How much joy do you think you would have? That’s about how close I can explain this. The whole time I’m thinking that I’m going to bless this child with a good home/life but all along, she is blessing me more then I can ever imagine. I now have a complete family. A wife that I could have never felt this without her, a daughter that I’m so proud of and a new crumb snatcher that has stolen my heart. Thanks be to GOD. I am complete.

1 comment:

  1. David so glad to have found your blog. I've never heard adoption described the way you have... as a lost relative running towards you, but I totally agree. Reading over you guys accounts has taken me right back to my first encounter with Violet. Thank you for this description. I'll use it now myself if that is okay!

    ReplyDelete